Cinnamon in the Sandbox— Did anyone else know this????
Now that its getting warmer, the kids are going to want to play in the sandbox.
Cinnamon in the Sandbox keeps the bugs away! I knew cinnamon repelled ants… but I never thought of this! Brilliant! I’ve also heard it will keep the cats out.
Original Post found here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/skinnyfiberfriends/?group_id=0
This is just awesome!
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control. Or put out new one.
Original found here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/loosingtogether